Renting a car post-COVID-19
We’re finishing our four part series of returning to travel with a look at renting a car post-COVID-19. Many car rental companies have been touting their ‘flexibility’ during this pandemic. Some rental firms are happy to make changes to any reservation—in a similar way to airlines—under the current circumstances.
The best thing to do is to check the car rental website for information on these policies, as they are changing over time. You’ll also be able to find out more on any enhanced cleaning the rental firms have put in place.
Pick up stations for major rental firms have been kitted out with floor markers and social distancing signs, as well as plexiglass screens. Staff in many pick up stations are also wearing gloves and masks. Many firms are adhering to a 20-point hygiene check developed by the RAC when cleaning cars, and once cleaned, they remain locked until you, the customer, arrives to pick up the vehicle. Many are taking cars out of circulation to be deep cleaned if someone reports using a vehicle and then contracts Covid-19.
- One of the key things about renting a car post-COVID-19 is to complete your check-in and documentation online where possible;
- Make sure you travel with ample hand sanitizer, although some rental companies are providing these in cars;
- Check 48 and 24 hours ahead of travel for changes in restrictions or opening hours;
- Make as few stops at services and other premises as possible, but stop driving if you feel tired or drowsy.
Cleaning the car yourself
- Clean all touch points on the car exterior such as handles, mirrors and the fuel tank cap with disinfectant wipes.
- Aerate the car as long as possible to provide a fresh air supply to the car.
- Disinfect the drivers panel, dashboard and all knobs and buttons.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
At Ortharize, we’re making the world of business travel better.
We want to make it easier for you and your employees to book everything you need in one place. And we want to help you to keep costs down. We offer over one million hotels, more than four hundred airlines and all major car rental companies across the globe, including a large selection of budget options. We also offer all UK rail routes, with European and US rail on its way to our self-service booking platform very soon.
Our travel booking platform is easy-to-use. There are no booking fees. And with our exciting awards and incentives, your staff will be motivated to cut their travel costs. Our effortless automation tools will also help cut your admin, saving even more time and money on your organisation’s business travel.
- Consumer pricing
- No booking fees
- 24/7 support
- Rewards for users who save money on travel
- FREE subscription with all the features you need to book, manage and report travel expenses in one place.
We’re pretty confident we can help you return to business travel in a way that is not only safer but also better value for money. Why not book a free demo now?